Concept Proposals will be submitted electronically on this website. Log-in at https://submission.cnihr.org/ to get started.
Detailed instructions can be found in the Concept Proposal Submission User Guide.
Applications must be in English. Please note that applications that do not adhere to the instructions will not be considered.
The Concept Proposal includes the following components:
- Basic information (name, position, institution, email contact information) for the PI
- General information about the project: proposed title, 5 key words; selection of relevant topic areas; and the Biographical Sketch for the CNIHR applicant (new SF424 Format – Download: MS Word, but please submit as PDF) omitting section A, unless providing a description of factors that may have reduced productivity per NIH NOT-OD-11-045.
- Eligibility confirmation: Applicants will certify in the application that they meet all eligibility criteria. This includes confirming that they have not received funding for HIV/SIV research, published in the HIV/SIV research field, do not have current or past HIV/SIV research experience in this field, and they meet the degree time limit, job title, and institutional requirements. Applicants will also need to submit a complete list of publications and current and past research
- If applicable (see Eligibility), the applicant will upload a PDF format letter of intent from their institution indicating the commitment to a faculty position by March 10, 2016.
- Personnel (optional): This information is not required at the time of Concept Proposal Submission, but is allowed. If any other investigators (e.g. mentor or collaborators) have been identified, contact and affiliation information for those personnel can be added. Additionally, biosketches (SF 424 format) may be submitted for any identified mentors or collaborators, but are not required.
- Body of Concept Proposal: This includes a Project Summary (50 word maximum), Hypothesis (100 word maximum), Specific Aims (700 word maximum), Preliminary Data if any (250 word maximum), and Research Design (700 word maximum)
References cited should be included as a PDF upload.
Concept proposal applications may be submitted online beginning July 20, 2015 through December 11, 2015 (Deadline Extended from October 15, 2015).